How to get a consent order online

Originally published on 25th September 2019 at 1:56 PM
Reading time: 1 mins
Link copied to clipboard

Ending your marriage or civil partnership is one legal process and ending your financial ties is completely different legal process. The process of severing your financial ties is called a consent order or financial order. This blog will explain how to get a consent order online.

A consent order does two things:

  • Legalises the financial arrangements that you’ve made
  • Ends the possibility of claims against each other in the future

There are two different types of consent order (or financial order):

  • A consent order

If you need to detail any arrangements or transfers then a full consent order is the best option. This includes things like child maintenance, transfer of property, lump sum transfers and pension sharing.

  • A clean break consent order

If you have already split your finances or have no finances to split then a clean break consent order will be sufficient. A clean break consent order will end your financial relationship and stop the possibility of claims in the future.

How to get a consent order online

If you are amicable and there are no danger sides like hiding assets etc then we offer the below divorce-diagnostic:

If you have any questions, or would like some support, please book a free 15-minute call with one of our experts here.

Find the right service for you

Start your amicable divorce journey

Speak to an amicable Divorce Specialist to understand your options and next steps for untying the knot, amicably.

Book a free 15-minute consultation

Comments (5)

By clicking submit you accept our privacy policy.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
05.07.2020 17:57

Wish to do a financial order just to cover house

20.07.2020 15:49

What is a cost order and financial order

23.07.2020 10:25

After signing a consent order issues cropp up which should have been cleared at the signing.Can I now cancell this consent order?Please advise

01.09.2021 13:34

Hi , we have filed for the divorce online. We just want to do the financial consent order . We both agreed what we want and we both took legal advise individually

amicable logo
Holly from amicable
03.09.2021 12:10

Hi Antonia, thanks for your comment. We will be in touch with you shortly.